3 sleeps to go until Christmas and I am celebrating with a different kind of post! I have been nominated as a newbie blogger for the Liebster award by some lovely fellow bloggers – namely the gorgeous Hannah, whose blog you can find here. Treat yourself and pop over to her blog, she’s a great girl!
So, back to this Liebster Award. It is much like the old fashioned chain mail you used to get as a kid! A really cool and unique way to pass on the message of new bloggers to other bloggers, wherein the chain continues and the blog circle gets stronger. And a great way to promote young blogs like my own!
To help make it clearer what the awards are, I’ve helpfully copied how lovely fellow blogger Jodie at http://www.jodetopia.com/life/the-liebstar-award/ put this award (go check her out too!):
“For those of you who don’t know what the Liebstar award is – it’s an award by bloggers for bloggers. It’s passed on from one person to another like those old chain mail emails from secondary school (remember those good old days!). The only catch is you can only nominate newbie bloggers – there are many different variations of the rules – some say newbie is defined by less than 200 followers, others say less than 1000.
The rules I’m going with are as follows:
- Thank the person who nominated you and link their blog
- Answer the 11 questions the nominator has given you.
- Tag 11 bloggers who have less than 1000 readers.
- Think of 11 questions to ask the bloggers you have nominated.
- Let them know you’ve nominated them through social media or their blog.”
So, in true Secondary School fashion, I am buzzing to get started! Hope you enjoy the read and make sure you look out for your nomination!
Firstly, thanks again to the lovely Hannah at Love Hannah for the nomination! You are such a gorgeous girl and great blogging friend to have!
1) If you were stranded on an island, what 3 things would you take with you?
I would HAVE to take my photo album, I’m addicted to photos so it’s a no brainer. I’d also have to take a radio for some tunes and some sun cream – always gotta look after yourself!
2) Where would your dream holiday be to and why?
Anywhere with the people I love. It’s been so many years since I had a proper family holiday and now that my family has grown so much I’d love to go away altogether! I’ve been to Miami a couple times and absolutely loved it so there would be a start, I guess.
3) What would your dream career be?
Blogger. I absolutely love being a blogger, the reach I’ve had, the amount of people I’ve got to know and the brands out there! If it could become a full time job it would be a dream come true!
4) Do you prefer reading blogs, or watching YouTube videos?
Reading blogs 100%. It’s one of the main reasons why I wanted to become a blogger. It’s like reading a constant free magazine – my fave past time!
5) If you won the lottery, what would be the first thing you would buy?
My house, my mum’s house and my in-laws house! But I wouldn’t tell them and do it as a surprise!
6) Is there anything in your past you wish you’d done differently? If so how would you change it?
The whole Uni thing. At the time I was pushing into it by school but I knew it wasn’t the right thing to do. I got through it with a good grade in the end but it was a very difficult three years that has resulted in not a lot career wise sadly.
7) Bath or Shower?
Bath. Screaming hot, mountains of bubbles and as many Soap and Glory products as possible!
8) If you had one wish, what would you wish for?
To be as happy for the rest of my life as I am now. People around me have made me so beyond happy, I can only wish to stay this thrilled with life!
9) If you had to choose one meal to eat everyday for a month, what would you choose?
Spaghetti and Meatballs! My absolute fave!
10)How do you wind down and relax after a stressful day?
Spending time with loved ones and/or going to the pub! Typical English girl!
11)What is your current TV “must watch”?
I’m so behind, I watch things like Lost and Heroes. But one up to date show I am addicted to is Criminal Minds.
So, there you have it! Hopefully you feel like you’ve gotten to know me a little more!
I am going to tag these lovely bloggers for their go at the Liebster Award:
Here are my 11 questions for you lovelies to answer:
- List 3 of your empties (be it beauty, hair or nail varnish)
- Where is your happy place?
- What 3 words describe you best?
- Why and when did you start blogging?
- What is your favourite food?
- What do you put on your chips?
- Chinese or Indian?
- Curled hair or straightened?
- Bath or shower?
- If you could get a tattoo, what would it be and where on your body?
- Which bloggers have made you laugh recently?
I hope you’ve enjoyed my post and I can’t wait to get reading all those I have tagged!